We often receive questions from our customers about how to best care for their pearls. We have listed a few tips in this blog post.
- Tip #1: Your pearls should be the last thing you put on each morning, and the first thing you take off each evening. Because pearls are porous, they may absorb oils, lotions and perfumes that have harsh chemicals. Apply lotions or perfumes 30 minutes before putting on your pearls.
- Tip #2: While pearls originated in water, the chemicals present in swimming pools and shower products can effect the luster of your pearls. Always remove your pearls before showering or swimming.
- Tip #3: Should you want to clean your pearls, simply rub them gently with a soft cloth. No cleaning solvents should be used.
- Tip #4: To maintain the appearance of a silk-strung strand as well as ensure the integrity of the silk, Pearls by Shari recommends strands of pearls be restrung approx. once a year.
- Tip #5: Wear them! The oils in your skin help your pearls maintain their luminous luster.
Don’t see the answer to your question? We would love to hear from you. Let us know your questions, and we will do our best to answer them. Fill out the form on our Contact page.